Breaking

WWE news: The Undertaker was ‘so disgusted’ with his WrestleMania match against Roman Reigns



WWE news: The Undertaker was ‘so disgusted’ with his WrestleMania match against Roman Reigns




At WrestleMania 30, Brock Lesnar was the first man to defeat The Undertaker on the Grandest Stage of Them All.


Heading into that match, ‘Taker was 21-0 at WrestleMaina and the streak carried a draw of it’s own.



Undertaker’s 21-0 streak at WrestleMania transcended sports



4


Undertaker’s 21-0 streak at WrestleMania transcended sports

After that loss, ‘Taker would pick up wins over Bray Wyatt and Shane McMahon to extend his record to 23-1, but then he met Roman Reigns.


The Big Dog was in the middle of a rapid ascension to the top of the mountain in WWE and this was to be his third WrestleMania main event in a row, a record that would extend to four a year later with Brock Lesnar.


This was the biggest coming out party possible for Reigns and Undertaker relished being able to go out there and help him get to the next level.


But, he didn’t feel he did that.


A new series on the WWE Network entitled ‘Undertaker: The Last Ride’ explores the past three years of The Deadman’s career, including that match.



Undertaker and Roman Reigns met at WrestleMania 33



WWE


4


Undertaker and Roman Reigns met at WrestleMania 33

Speaking to ESPN, The Phenom said he was disgusted with his performance on the day.


“That was one of those times it was tough having the cameras there. That was the first time that I watched that match back. I was so disgusted with it that I didn’t want to watch it back.


“Early on in my career, I watched everything back. Good, bad, indifferent. As I got older … I know when I’m out there and I’m moving slow. I know when my limp is more prominent that it may be. Or when I’m behind in a spot. I just know now.”


‘Taker went on to say he was desperate to put in a good showing for Reigns, someone he really likes.



Undertaker left his jacket and coat in the ring, originally a symbol that he had retired



WWE


4


Undertaker left his jacket and coat in the ring, originally a symbol that he had retired

However, there wasn’t much he could do about his body breaking down.


“[Watching that match], I’m battling with it. I was so disappointed for Roman. Even after Brock Lesnar beat the streak, for guys coming up to have a match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania – especially where Roman was at – it was important for his career.


Especially because he was going over. For me, in that role, I wanted to do the very best that I could do for Roman. I think the world of him. You want to be able to do the best you can for him, and you know you have no business being in the ring.



The Undertaker’s body barely held up during his battle with Roman Reigns



WWE


4


The Undertaker’s body barely held up during his battle with Roman Reigns

“Yes, I could have mailed it in. Protected myself. Only done a couple of things that I knew that I could do. But that’s just not the way I work. And it wouldn’t have been fair to him. So I just tried to do the best I could. The harder I tried, the more I did – at least in my perception – it was not a good night. It was really disappointing.


“Watching it back finally, and watching it back in front of a film crew, it was like … I didn’t have to say much. You could just tell from the expression on my face that I wasn’t really pleased with it.”


‘Taker seems to be in a good place right now, though, and his victory over AJ Styles last month was one of his most memorable in recent memory.







Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology