Breaking

Roy Jones Jr threatens to pull out of Mike Tyson fight, unhappy with date change for exhibition



Roy Jones Jr threatens to pull out of Mike Tyson fight, unhappy with date change for exhibition




Roy Jones has threatened to pull out of his exhibition fight with Mike Tyson over the change in date and circumstances.


The bout, which was initially scheduled for September 12 behind closed doors, has now been moved to November 28, with organisers supposely attempting to get a crowd.



Jones Jr is not pleased with the changes



2


Jones Jr is not pleased with the changes

Jones Jr told the Mail: “I’ve had to cancel other stuff to be out here, it’s upset my calendar, I’ve got to change things.


“That’s why we have to table bulls**t now. That’s the biggest issue, I’m not a full time boxer anymore so I do other things to make an income.


“If I can’t do other things then I should be compensated for that, because it changes the schematics. It’s not acceptable.



Tyson is back on the cover of Ring Magazine



2


Tyson is back on the cover of Ring Magazine

“We’re trying to figure something out, my lawyers [are] talking with their lawyers, trying to figure out ways to make it a better situation so that I can compensated for it, that is more beneficial for me to do.


“If they don’t make it make sense, it would be off.


“Why would I change the date and mess up the rest of my year when I agreed to September 12?








Mike Tyson releases incredible promo for comeback fight against Roy Jones Jr


“They said they wanted to get a crowd, if you want to get a crowd, that’s a different type of money.


“If you want a big event, that’s a different type of money.


“You think I’m going to say, okay, let’s look at my money, but I’m not getting no better per cent.


“How dumb is that to me? So let’s see what happens.”








Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology