Breaking

Andros Townsend says he’s hitting the gym amid Crystal Palace transfer rumours: ‘Nobody wants competition’



The 2019/20 Premier League season only ended 17 days ago but Andros Townsend isn’t resting.


That’s because football never sleeps and there are plenty of transfer rumours flying around.


Townsend has been with Crystal Palace since 2016
Getty Images

Townsend’s club, Crystal Palace, have been linked with a number of wingers, including Watford ace Ismaila Sarr and QPR player Bright Osayi-Samuel.


Meanwhile, the future of star player Wilfried Zaha is looking uncertain.


If any of these wingers are signed then that’ll increase the competition for the likes of Townsend to get into the Palace team next season.


But the 29-year-old insists he’s already getting ready for the 2020/21 campaign’s start by hitting the gym.


Townsend played in Palace’s final match of the season on July 26. But he already has next term in mind
Getty Images – Getty

He told talkSPORT’s Sports Breakfast: “I try and stay away from social media off-season, especially the two weeks where I’m on holiday with the family.


“I try and turn my phone off completely and shut off mentally as well as physically.


“But now I’ve seen a few rumours, some wingers linked with Palace… I’m back in the gym, I’m back working hard!


“When you do interviews with the press, you say the right things, ‘it’s good for competition, it’ll make me a better player, blah, blah, blah’, but nobody wants competition!”












However, that’s not to say Townsend doesn’t know how to enjoy himself during the off-season.


The England international admits that his strict diet often goes out the window when he’s on holiday.


He added: “Food is my Kryptonite. I’m so strict during the season that when the season’s over I’ll literally eat anything around me.


“That’s why I need that week before to get back into shape, eat clean and start working again.


“I’m straight to McDonald’s. Two McChicken Sandwiches, two fries, two drinks.”


Listen to the Andros Townsend interview above!







Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology