Breaking

Jose Mourinho reveals he had NEVER watched his Champions League final wins with Porto and Inter Milan before lockdown was enforced



Jose Mourinho reveals he had NEVER watched his Champions League final wins with Porto and Inter Milan before lockdown was enforced




Nobody can question Jose Mourinho’s credentials, with the Portuguese boss proving time and time again that he is a winner.


With 22 trophies, including league titles in four different countries, there is no doubt Mourinho is one of the best ever managers to have graced the game.



Jose Mourinho stunned European football when he led Porto to Champions League success in 2004



Getty Images


2


Jose Mourinho stunned European football when he led Porto to Champions League success in 2004

Jose Mourinho’s second season at Internazionale was in 2009/10



Getty Images


2


Mourinho won his second Champions League with Inter Milan in 2010

He has collected two Champions League trophies along the way – first against all the odds with Porto in 2004 before a second triumph with Inter Milan in 2010.


Regarded as one of the finest competitions to win as a player or a manager, you would have thought Mourinho would have watched over those two historic feats many a time – think again!


The UK has been on lockdown since March 23 due to the coronavirus pandemic, and it’s only during these unprecedented times that the 57-year-old has sat down to relive his past European and Premier League successes.


Mourinho, also a two-winner of the Europa League, told Sky Sports he has never been one to reminisce and is more focused on the future and achieving his ambitions, which include a fourth English title.


“In this period I think lots of things from the past are coming,” he said.


“I am watching matches that I never did in my life. I never watched my Champions League finals and I had to watch now a few years after, also some Premier League matches.








Jose Mourinho delivers essential goods to vulnerable people in Enfield struggling due to coronavirus


“These things are coming, anniversaries, to be honest I don’t control I lost myself in dates I had no idea how many years ago. I had no idea that Chelsea beat Bolton fifteen years ago [to win the title].


“I prefer to think that I am going to have a fourth Premier League trophy. I have three, but I prefer to think I’m going to have four.”


The Tottenham boss has been living with goalkeeping coach Nuno Santos, tactical analyst Ricardo Formosinho and head of first-team performance Carlos Lalin during the lockdown.


Mourinho was forced to issue a public apology last month after disobeying government guidelines when he was spotted training with midfielder Tanguy Ndombele in a north London park.









Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology