Breaking

Boxing news: Mike Tyson says ‘I’m back’ in Instagram training video as he plots comeback amid Evander Holyfield trilogy fight rumour



Boxing news: Mike Tyson says ‘I’m back’ in Instagram training video as he plots comeback amid Evander Holyfield trilogy fight rumour




Mike Tyson is ready to fight and teed up his return to the ring by saying ‘I’m back’ in an Instagram post.


The former undisputed world heavyweight champion uploaded a video of himself training, showing he has lost none of his speed and power.



Mike Tyson’s last boxing match came in 2005, but told fans on Instagram ‘I’m back’



https://www.instagram.com/miketyson/


2


Mike Tyson’s last boxing match came in 2005, but told fans on Instagram ‘I’m back’

Mike Tyson threw some sharp left and right hooks with Rafael Cordeiro



https://www.instagram.com/miketyson/


2


Mike Tyson threw some sharp left and right hooks with Rafael Cordeiro

In the 25-second video, Iron Mike shows off the sharp left and right hooks that floored many men in his heyday.


Tyson, who retired from boxing in 2005 after losing to Kevin McBride, recently said he is keen to return to the ring – for some exhibition fights.


The 53-year-old has been called out by Tyson Fury’s dad, John, Danny Williams, while there is also a rumour he could face former rival Evander Holyfield.


Tyson lost to Holyfield in back-to-back matches in 1996 and 1997, with the second fight being remembered for the former biting the latter’s ear.





Last month, speaking to rapper T.I. in an Instagram Live Story about a potential boxing comeback, Tyson said: “I’ve been hitting the mitts for the last week.


“That’s been tough, my body is really jacked up and really sore from hitting the mitts.


“I’ve been working out, I’ve been trying to get in the ring, I think I’m going to box some exhibitions and get in shape.


“I want to go to the gym and get in shape to be able to box three or four-round exhibitions for some charities and stuff.



  • Mike Tyson’s new coach saw his life ‘flash before his eyes’ during sparring session

  • Tyson explains fighting again: ‘I feel unstoppable. Gods of war reawakened me’

  • What it’s like to be punched by Mike Tyson and share the ring with a legend

  • Mike Tyson tells Dennis Rodman how he made back $3m fine from Holyfield bite


“Some charity exhibitions, make some money, help some homeless and drug-affected motherf***er like me.


“I do two hours on cardio, I do the bike and the treadmill for an hour, then I do some light weights, 300, 250 reps.


“Then I start my day with the boxing thing, I go in there and hit the mitts, 30 minutes, 25 minutes, start getting in better condition.


“I’m starting to put those combinations together. I’m in pain, I feel like three guys kicked the s*** out of me.”










Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology