Breaking

Arsenal suffer further transfer blow as Dayot Upamecano’s agent dismisses prospect of summer move from RB Leipzig



Arsenal suffer further transfer blow as Dayot Upamecano’s agent dismisses prospect of summer move from RB Leipzig




The chances of Arsenal signing Dayot Upamecano this summer are practically impossible, according to the RB Leipzig star’s agent.


Upamecano, 21, has emerged as one of the stars of the Bundesliga and established himself as a vital cog in his side’s defence.



Dayot Upamecano is highly-rated and has long been linked with a Premier League switch



AFP or licensors


1


Dayot Upamecano is highly-rated and has long been linked with a Premier League switch






Bayern Munich celebrate Robert Lewandowski’s incredible five goals in nine minutes during Bundesliga game against Wolfsburg


That fine form hasn’t gone unnoticed, with the Gunners’ north London rivals Tottenham also believed to keen on clinching the France Under-21 international’s signature.


Arsenal had a £55million bid for Upamecano turned down last summer, but remain very interested in his services.


The chances of a transfer coming to fruition any time soon are unlikely, however, according to the player’s representative.


”I don’t believe large transfers will take place this summer,” Upamecano’s agent, Volker Struth, told German outlet Sport 1.



Dayot Upamecano is wanted by Arsenal, Barcelona and Real Madrid, with Timo Werner saying £55m transfer target could be as good as Jerome Boateng



“And I think Upamecano is a player who will demand a large fee. So the statement has already been made.”


The news will come as a big blow to Gunners fans, as their beloved club could also miss out on signing Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey.


Addressing his own future in a recent interview with Foot Mercato, Upamecano said: “I feel very good at RB Leipzig. I like my team-mates, the staff and my club.


“For the moment, I am still under contract until 2021. I am going to have to continue to train well and play matches.












“Even though I know that there are clubs that want me, that is certain, I am keeping my feet on the ground.


“We will discuss my future at the end of the season with my agents and my family.”


The coronavirus pandemic has caused the sporting world to grind to a halt, and the financial repercussions on many clubs are expected to be unprecedented.


After a two-month lay-off, Upamecano and his RB Leipzig teammates are primed to return to action this weekend as the Bundesliga resumes behind closed doors.









Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology