Breaking

Andy Ruiz Jr announces Canelo Alvarez coach Eddy Reynoso as his new trainer as he prepares to bounce back from Anthony Joshua rematch defeat



Andy Ruiz Jr has selected Canelo Alvarez’s coach Eddy Reynoso to be his trainer moving forwards.


The former heavyweight champion shocked the world with his knockout win over Anthony Joshua last June, but came in ill-prepared for the rematch and was outclassed in December.


Ruiz Jr will now train alongside Canelo
Eddy Reynoso – Instagram










Ruiz Jr apologised to his trainer Manny Robles at the post-fight press conference, admitting that he partied a little too much after becoming champion.


He said: “I should have listened to my team and not put on all this weight. I tried to do the training on my own and I’m sorry for my trainer, for my dad.


“I got too confident on myself. No excuses, he won. I know for the third one I’m gonna be a lot better.


“We started training too late. I don’t want to say that the three months of partying and celebrating affected me but to tell you the truth, it kind of did.”


Ruiz Jr weighed in 15lbs heavier for the rematch with Joshua than he did for the first fight and will need to address his discipline ahead of future fights
Matchroom Boxing

In the months that followed, Ruiz Jr decided to split from Robles and has now confirmed his link-up with Reynoso.


Eddy posted on social media: “Welcome to the team, Andy. Let’s hit it.”


Ruiz Jr replied: “Thank you, we go with everything.”


As well as Canelo, Reynoso’s stable also includes Oscar Valdez, Julio Cesar Martinez, Luis Nery and Ryan Garcia. He was named Ring Magazine’s ‘Trainer of the Year’ for 2019.






Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology