Breaking

Paulo Dybala loves English football and has a Manchester United kit given to him by Paul Pogba, while Tottenham could also fight for transfer again



Paulo Dybala loves English football and has a Manchester United kit given to him by Paul Pogba, while Tottenham could also fight for transfer again




Manchester United and Tottenham could be given a second chance to sign Paulo Dybala.


Reports in Italy claim Juventus are willing to part ways with the forward this summer as new boss Andrea Pirlo attempts to rebuild the squad.



Dybala had a productive season for Juventus



AFP or licensors


3


Dybala had a productive season for Juventus

Juve would reportedly want around £90million for Dybala, who scored 17 goals and registered eight assists in the 2019/20 campaign.


Last summer, Tottenham had agreed a £64.4million fee with Juventus to sign Dybala, before the transfer fell through, while Manchester United were allegedly put off by the player’s huge wage demands.


In January, the Argentina star admitted he was close to quitting Juventus last summer and in an interview with the Guardian in January, spoke highly of the full stadiums and passionate supporters.


“I was close to leaving,” he said. “That was in the club’s thinking, I knew. Until the last minute, we were waiting.


“I have two years left on my contract. That’s not a short time but it’s not a long one either.


“We’ll see what plans Juventus have, if they think I might leave in the [summer window] or if they want me to stay.


“That’s a decision for the club to make. It’s hard to know because things change in a second.


“But I’m here, at a club that has treated me well; I’m happy, comfortable.”


In June, Dybala confirmed Tottenham, United and Paris Saint-Germain were all in for him ahead of the 2019/20 season.



Dybala’s Juventus days appear to be numbered



Getty Images – Getty


3


Dybala’s Juventus days appear to be numbered

He told CNN: “It was more or less last year at this point when Juventus didn’t want to count on me, didn’t want me to continue playing here.


“That’s when I was contacted and there were some clubs that were interested in me. Among those were Manchester United and Tottenham.


“I think for a long time there were conversations, then Paris Saint-Germain also appeared.


“I did not speak directly to any of them, but there were conversations with the clubs. However, my intention at the time was to stay.


“I hadn’t had a good year or a positive last six months, so I didn’t want to leave with that image because I think I had given the club a lot of nice moments and it wasn’t fair that I went like this.


“So I also communicated that my intention was to stay, work to grow and give my best here.”


Dybala struck up a strong friendship with Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba during the latter’s time in Turin.



Will Pogba and Dybala play together again?



getty


3


Will Pogba and Dybala play together again?

And he reiterated his desire to play alongside the Frenchman again… which could happen in Manchester.


In an interview with UEFA’s website, Dybala revealed a United kit given to him by Pogba after the two clubs met in the Champions League.


“I couldn’t overlook a shirt like this, of course.


“It’s from Manchester, from my friend Paul, whom I admire as a person even more than as a football player.


“I had the chance to share great things with him and hopefully I can repeat that someday.”









Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology