Breaking

Fights confirmed including former heavyweight champion beaten by Anthony Joshua




The Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury II undercard has now been officially announced ahead of the major rematch on February 22.


Former heavyweight world champion Charles Martin, who was dethroned by Anthony Joshua in 2016, will take on Gerald Washington in the co-main event.



Tyson Fury will face Deontay Wilder again on February 22



Esther Lin/SHOWTIME



Tyson Fury will face Deontay Wilder again on February 22










Exciting Mexican Emanuel Navarrete will defend his WBO super-bantamweight title against Jeo Santisima.


And Sebastian Fundora will take on Daniel Lewis in a super-welterweight bout.


“It is great to be back on the big stage,” said Martin.



Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 2: When is blockbuster rematch? Date and venue confirmed plus expected start time



“February 22 will get me one step closer to my goal of becoming two-time heavyweight champion.”


Washington replied: “This title eliminator is a very big opportunity for me and I’m going to do everything in my power to win.”


The always active Navarrete said: “I am motivated to make my fifth defence in less than a year and especially because I’m proud to be part of an historic card headlined by Wilder vs. Fury II.



Charles Martin held the IBF title in 2016, but was quickly stopped by Anthony Joshua



Getty



Charles Martin held the IBF title in 2016, but was quickly stopped by Anthony Joshua

Emanuel Navarrete is the WBO super-bantamweight king



Mikey Williams/Top Rank



Emanuel Navarrete is the WBO super-bantamweight king

“This is a great opportunity to put on an exhibition for the fans and showcase my talent once again.”


While his opponent Santisima added: “I really appreciate this opportunity, as this has been my dream since I was a kid.


“For this fight, I will train and prepare to become the new champion. I don’t feel any pressure. I will just do my best on fight night to show the world who I am.”




Deontay Wilder on his rematch with Tyson Fury


Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury: Undercard


MORE TO BE CONFIRMED


  • Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury – heavyweight

  • Charles Martin vs Gerald Washington – heavyweight

  • Emanuel Navarrete vs Jeo Santisima – super bantamweight

  • Sebastian Fundora vs Daniel Lewis – super welterweight




fbq('init', '752905198150451');
fbq('track', "PageView");





Source link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Technology